Drug Injuries and Death
Our defective drug attorneys and medical device defect lawyers are investigating and representing victims of defective drugs and medical devices. We also co-counsel with some of the leading national attorneys on multi-district litigation (MDL) in mass tort cases.
Contact us now to find out if you are entitled to compensation for a drug or medical device injury or death at (800) 337-7755.
Some of the medical device and pharmaceutical drugs our Florida attorneys are investigating or handling include:
- Elmiron – We are investigating claims where a patient took Elmiron and went blind or suffered partial blindness, or had maculopathy.
- Actos ® – We are investigating cases where the Patient was taking the medication for at least one year and developed bladder cancer.
- Byetta ®, Januvia ®, Janumet® and Victoza ® – We are investigating cases where the Patient was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer after taking the medication.
- DePuy Pinnacle™ Hip System – We are investigating cases where the Patient required a second hip surgery following a total hip replacement as a result of pain and other symptoms.
- DePuy ASR XL™ Hip System – We are investigating cases where the Patient required a second hip replacement surgery following a partial hip replacement as a result of pain and other symptoms.
- Dialysis Devices – GranuFlo/NaturaLyte – We are investigating cases where the Patient suffered cardiac arrest or sudden cardiac death immediately after dialysis treatment, within 24 hours after the last dialysis treatment, and the incident occurred during the period of January 2008 and March 29, 2012.
- Effexor® – We are looking at cases where a mother took Effexor during the first trimester of pregnancy and had a child with a congenital birth defect of a cardiac defect, craniosynostosis, club foot, cleft lip, cleft palate, anal atresia or neural tube defects.
- Laparoscopic Power Morcellators – We are looking into cases where women underwent uterine fibroid removal through the use of a laparoscopic power morcellator and received a cancer diagnosis sometime thereafter.
- Lipitor ® – We are investigating cases where a female took Lipitor for at least 90 days and was diagnosed with diabetes at some point after 90 days of use.
- Mirena ® – We are investigating claims where Mirena was successfully inserted without perforation of the uterine lining, and later migrated through the uterine lining requiring laparoscopic or surgical removal. We are also considering cases with other complications from migration, including complete hysterectomy.
- Transvaginal Mesh – We are investigating cases where women suffered serious complications following placement of a transvaginal mesh device, including bowel perforation, erosion of the vaginal tissue, and others.
- Viagra ® – We are investigating cases where a male used Viagra for at least 3 months and was subsequently diagnosed with Melanoma or died from Melanoma.
- Wellbutrin ® and Zyban® – We are investigating claims on behalf of children born with any congenital heart defect who were exposed to Wellbutrin or Zyban during the first trimester of their mother’s pregnancy.
- Xarelto® – We are investigating claims on behalf of Xarelto users who died, had a pulmonary embolism, a stroke, or severe and uncontrolled bleeding requiring hospitalization.
- Zimmer Durom ® Cup Hip Replacement – We are looking into cases in which the device failed and required revision or additional surgery.
- Zofran ® – We are investigating cases on behalf of children born with a congenital heart defect or oral cleft like a cleft palate, who were exposed to Zofran in utero during the first trimester of pregnancy. Zofran was also prescribed as Ondansetron.
- Zoloft ® – We are investigating claims on behalf of children exposed to Zoloft during the first trimester of pregnancy, and who were born with any cardiac defect, craniosynostosis, club foot, cleft lip, cleft palate, anal atresia or neural tube defect.
If you were taking any of the above drugs or used any of the above medical devices, you may have a product liability claim and may be entitled to a significant amount of money depending on your injuries or circumstances.
Attorney Jason Turchin is a #1 Best Selling Author in Personal Injury and Car Accident Law, on the Super Lawyers list, has been featured in the ABA Journal, and acts as a legal correspondent for several media outlets.
As part of our investigation, we look for patterns of injuries and death as are related to particular medical devices and medications, review medical research and literature, consult with medical and research experts as needed, review marketing materials of drug and device manufacturers, and off label uses and warnings of the devices and drugs, among other factors. While many medications and medical devices are safe, profitability for the drug manufacturers and medical device companies sometimes make them rush products to market either despite testing showing adverse effects or without doing sufficient testing and research.
There may Be a Statute of Limitation or Repose on Your Drug and Medical Device Case, so Call Today
At the Law Offices of Jason Turchin, we can help fight the drug companies and medical device companies to try and get the most money you are entitled to your your injuries or the wrongful death of a loved one.
If your case involves the accidental death of a family member, our firm also has a Probate department who can assist with setting up the necessary probate estate to bring your claim. We can also work with your own probate attorney if you have to make the process as easy as possible.
As part of your medical care, if you incurred medical expenses, we can fight to get all of your medical bills reimbursed or paid for out of any settlement or verdict for any injuries caused by the faulty medical device or medication. We can also seek compensation for your lost wages and any out of pocket expenses you have, in addition to pain and suffering.
If your child sustained surgery or died, you may also be entitled to recover money and other damages for your child or as a survivor of the child.
We look forward to speaking with you more to see how we can help you with your injury or wrongful death case. We work on a contingency fee, which means we don’t get paid any money unless you get compensated.
Contact our firm now or call (800) 337-7755. It’s a free consultation.
At the Law Offices of Jason Turchin and through our network of nationwide drug defect attorneys, our dangerous drug attorneys can represent those injured or killed because of a dangerous or defective drug or medical device in Florida, New York, Washington DC, and throughout the United States.
We are proud to work with Biomedical Engineer Kira Brenman Turchin to help develop trial strategy and understanding of the complex issues involved in biomedical-related litigation.
Kira Brenman Turchin, M.S.B.E., is a Biomedical Engineer from the University of Miami’s Department of Biomedical Engineering, one of only 29 ABET Accredited Biomedical Engineering Universities in the country.
If you or a loved one has been injured, call us at (800) 337-7755 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Get in Touch
- 1 Free Consultation
- 2 Available 24/7
- 3 Serving Florida, NJ, NY, and Washington, DC.